Newly-built or newly-planned distilleries, whose whiskies are not yet available
- Blackwood Shetland Islands, building commenced August 2004, the northern-most distillery in Scotland
- Daftmill by Cupar, Fife. A farmhouse distillery, the first distillation was December 2005. First bottling planned 2010.
- Glengyle Campbeltown, opened 25 March 2004, first bottling planned available in 2014
- Kininvie Dufftown/Speyside, opened 1990, no bottles yet available
- Abhainn Dearg Carnish/Isle of Lewis, Outer Hebrides; first Whisky bottling planned available in 2011